In the tool, you will find at times the terms “disable” and “enable” and the terms “deactivate” and “activate”. Both these groups of terms carry out the same function in the tool.
Disabling (deactivating) a profile is used when a person leaves your company or if they no longer need access. The function does not exist for your own profile, as you cannot disable your own profile. To disable your own profile another administrator must do this for you.
Disabled (deactivated) profiles cannot:
- Log in to Booking.com for Business
- Book travel for themselves
- Have travel booked on their behalf
A profile will automatically be disabled (deactivated) where a user enters incorrect login credentials and exceeds the number of failed login attempts. In this instance, the user may contact their travel administrator to enable (reactivate) their profile.
- Go to Administration > People > Manage your team.
- Use the ON/OFF slider within each profile or select the checkbox next to their name and select Enable/Disable from the Actions drop-down list.
Manage profiles page
- From the dashboard go to Profiles > Managing Profiles and select the profile you wish to edit.
- Then simply click Deactivate/activate in the upper right side of the page link.
Click Confirm and the status of the profile will change.